1. Social Media is for personal use only. It's not for lawyers.
The benefits of lawyers being active on LinkedIn
2. Why should I worry about it now. My professional network is my number one source of referrals.
3. Legal clients don't rate social media comments and online reviews
- they add trustworthiness
- they provide more details
- they ease hesitation
- they help a potential client confirm a referral.
The last point relates to what I suggested earlier, that even someone who is referred to you is highly likely to look you and your firm up online.
Start with a plan and to see results faster
As tempting as it is to get started, I would recommend you engage a social media or word of mouth marketing expert before jumping in. At the core of any digital marketing strategy is your ideal client. A knowledgeable digital marketer can help you build your ideal customer profile and map a content plan that reflects your ideal client's needs at each stage of their decision making journey. This is an essential starting point for any professional service provider.